Full-Time General English Courses for Adults (AFT)
BILA’s certified Intensive English courses are designed to quickly improve your communication skills and help you open new academic and professional opportunities.
Our Intensive English Courses focus on allowing you to quickly achieve English fluency and to learn grammar and vocabulary that will be useful in everyday English.
You will also take additional classes of your choice to practice specific skills such as Business English lessons, which may include the following subjects:
Communication in the workplace, participation in meetings, writing skills in business situations and interview techniques.
These courses are for students who need to improve their all-round English skills.
*This course includes 2 hours of optional supervised self-study
• Course length - 2-50 weeks
• Start dates - every Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday)
• Day Programme - Full-time 20 + 2 hours per week
• Evening Programme - Full-time 20 hours per week
• Levels available Day classes - beginner to advanced (6 levels)
• Levels available Evening classes - Intermediate and above
The General English course helps students to communicate effectively and includes:
• Speaking, listening, reading and writing lessons
• Vocabulary development
• Discussions of news and current affairs
• Irish culture and customs
• Use of published textbooks and materials
• Computer room and language laboratory learning sessions
• An independent learning programme
• Skills for lifelong learning
The full-time course also includes the following afternoon optional classes:
• Communication skills classes for extra speaking and listening practice
• Study skills classes for extra reading and writing practice
Placement and Assessment
Students are given a placement test on the first day of the course and placed in a class with other students at the same level. Assessment is continuous throughout the course. BILA students are tested every 6 weeks and receive individual progress reports.
Activities and Excursions weekly programme
NB: With our Full and Part-Time Adult courses, a full programme of activities planned by the institute is also available. These activities include: Full and Half Day Excursions, Theatre Nights, Visits to Museums, Pub Nights (18+ only), Historical Tours and many other activities which our adult learners will find interesting and stimulating.
These are coordinated with our activities manager and Adults courses academic manager and are not compulsory.
For participation in our Activities and Excursions Programme for Adult students, please include this on your application form.
Prices are: £45
Options for Adult Course Full-Time and Part-Time are:
Homestay with an Irish Family
Or if Students come and study at BILA from the end of June until the end of August, Queen’s Elms residential apartments will be available.
Students can also organise their own accommodation options for their course.