Juniors Programme Summer 2017
Homestay and residential accommodation
Full programme of activities and cultural excursions
6-day programme Sunday free day!
College Address: BILA is located at 124 Whiterock Road, Belfast BT12
Accommodation: Homestay and Residential
Age range: 12 - 17*
Arrival day: Any day
Course start dates: 15th June 2017 - 18th August 2017
* Individual students must be aged 14 - 17. Please note that age restrictions and conditions apply.
* At our Institute, over 18s may be present on junior courses in closed groups.
Adult students may also be present in the school.
Young Learner groups are accepted year-round in a closed environment.
Well-being and Safety
At the Belfast International Language Academy you can be assured that you will be well looked after by our professional staff.
BILA is a member of the special interest group Young Learners English UK, working to raise the standards of all junior vacation courses in the UK and Ireland.
• Staff: Student class supervision ratio 1:15
• Unaccompanied minor service
• Airport meet and greet
• Classes allocated according to age and level
• Teachers hold CELTA or equivalent qualifications
• Dedicated Young Learner team on-site
• Police background checks on all staff AND Homestay families
• Student Mentor available on request
• Large common or chill out rooms with sofas and pool and ping pong tables
• Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
• Wi-Fi available in all areas
• Computer Rooms
• 3D Football Pitch and Basketball Court
• Outdoor Recreational Area
• 5 minutes’ walk to Whiterock Leisure Centre
• On site facilities like Cookery Room, Art Studio, Theatre and Cinema, Hair-Dressing Salon, Boxing Club
Our Classic Junior Programme:
At Belfast International Language Academy we believe in learning through new and innovative methodologies.
Ours is a brand new, fully interactive course for individuals and groups which focuses on living and experiencing the English language in real-life situations – all day, every day!
Your lessons will take place on location in the heart of the beautiful city of Belfast.
Our programme includes:
• 15 hours tuition per week (More available on request)
• Led by at least 2 different teachers
• Morning or afternoon lessons
• Maximum 15 students per class
• 1 full day excursion per week
• 1 half day excursion per week
• 2 city-based or local visits per week
• 3 evening activities per week: Discos, Theatre Nights, Talent Competitions, Zumba etc.
• Learn English through immersive and interactive projects
• Put your communication skills to the test through interacting with real Irish artists, musicians, and entrepreneurs. These local artists will come into the Institute each afternoon and evening and will form the basis of our activities programme.
• Visit secret locations, create works of street art and discover the best views of the city.
Create your own group projects and carry out a series of investigations whilst taking charge of your own learning experiences.
• Create a video based on a weekly theme, using audio clips, videos and blog entries to build your very own e-portfolio throughout the course.
Help in the hosting of International day, in conjunction with the West Belfast Festival.
• Build your confidence, becoming more independent both as a learner and as an individual.
• Walk up the nearby Black mountain and discover its diverse range of wildlife. These walks are organised in conjunction with the Belfast Hills Trust.
Airport transfers for groups of 5 or more students are included in the cost of course.