BILA Junior Summer Camp 2017
• Transfers (if required): Flight number, date and time of arrival must be advised to the Belfast International Language Academy as soon as possible to enable us to arrange your collection at the airport. Where flights are delayed/cancelled, the college should be informed immediately to allow us to reschedule transfers, where we are unable to reschedule transfers due to lack of notice, students will be required to arrange and pay for taxi transport to their host family.
• We advise all clients to take out full Personal & Medical Insurance including baggage cover prior to arrival as BILA accepts no responsibility in the event of illness, theft, accident, damages or loss of personal effects. All clients from EU countries should bring a European Health Insurance Card. Non-EU students must take out private medical insurance. Students/Parents are responsible for all medical & related costs incurred during their stay and must fill in our school waiver/s.
• We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays i.e. accommodation etc.
• BILA reserves the right to expel students who do not abide by our school policies or who partake in any activities that BILA deems unacceptable. In this situation, parents/students are responsible for arranging accommodation / rescheduling flight home etc. No refunds will be given.
• Registration will be confirmed for each student only upon receipt of completed registration forms and full payment of fees.
• Where damage/theft of property of the host family or to any other property is caused by a student, this student (where the student is a minor, the student’s parents) will be responsible for the cost of any such damage and payment should be immediate, where credit card details are in our system, this payment method will be used.
• BILA reserves the right to cancel arrangements if the booking conditions are not met. BILA reserves the right to cancel programmes that are not filled.
• BILA must be advised of any health problems or specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
• Refund Policy:
- There is no refund for a cancellation made within 21 days of the commencement of the course or if a student fails to complete the programme.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Partial Refunds will be made where notice is given more than 21 days prior to arrival. This partial refund is as follows - deposits are non-refundable, the remaining tuition fees will be refunded.
- There is no refund for students who change from Intensive to other courses of lesser hours.
- There is no refund for fees of days missed during the course, for late arrival or early departure or for public holidays.
International Junior Summer Camp Information
• A good level of general behaviour and manners is required in school, with the host family and at all other times.
• Serious breaches of school policies/regulations as deemed by the college will result in a student being sent home. In these circumstances, no refunds will be given and students/parents are responsible for all related costs. Examples of such behaviour are: Stealing or vandalizing property, abusive/threatening behaviour to others, and possession of drugs or alcohol.
• All students are responsible for any medical bills or damage caused. BILA accepts no responsibility for medical costs incurred or costs of damages caused by students. All students must organise medical insurance in their own country before travelling to Ireland.
• Students must be home or in Elms Village at 10pm. If a student is delayed, they must call their host family to notify them or BILA and Elms Village Reception. Arriving home late is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. If a student is late more than twice, they may be expelled and sent home.
• When going out in the evenings and at weekends, students must tell their host family where they are going and with whom.
• Sunday is a free day, students may spend it with their host families or with friends, and we would advise students not to go into the city centre on their free day and to stay within the locality.
• Students attending our Camp will have a lot of unsupervised time. Parents should instruct students as to their limitations during free time (Evenings, Sundays, going to and from school, break times etc.) when they are not attending our organised activities.
• Hitch-hiking is forbidden.
• Students should not carry large sums of money or valuables with them in the school or during their activities.
• Students are not allowed to attend discos in Belfast or any such events not organised by BILA.
• It is mandatory that students attend all organised activities, missing activities without prior consent is against school rules.
Arrival and transfer
• We email all parents on the Monday before your child’s arrival with additional airport transfer information.
• Airport transfers can be arranged for arrival and departure at a total cost of £60/€ 90.
• It is the responsibility of the student/parent to ensure all flight information provided to BILA is accurate and in writing.
• Individual students and Groups who have arranged to be met at the airport, will be met by a BILA representative who will have a sign with the Belfast International Language Academy printed on it. Parents/Students will be provided with a contact number of the person collecting them and also a school emergency number to facilitate the transfer. Parents/Students should ensure BILA has a mobile contact number for all students.
• The student will be met at the Meeting Point in the Arrivals Area in the airport.
• The student will then be brought directly to the Institute, and met there by their host family or taken to Elms Village from there.
• Where flights are delayed/cancelled, the college should be informed immediately to allow us to reschedule transfers, where we are unable to reschedule transfers due to lack of notice, students will be required to arrange and pay for taxi transport to their host family.
• Return flights – Students will be dropped off at the Airport at least 2 hours prior to their flight time as provided on their booking form. This is a drop off service only unless otherwise agreed. Should your child need help at the airport or to be signed in please communicate this to us well in advance. BILA accepts no responsibility where a student misses a flight or is unable to board a flight.
• Please note, students generally share a room with another language student.
• Host family will bring students and collect students from Institute each day.
Medical and Travel Insurance
All students MUST organise medical insurance in their own country before travelling to the UK. We also recommend students to take out travel insurance in case of accident or loss of luggage. This will not cover dental treatment or elective procedures.